Springside Primary School is dedicated to the protection of all children from all forms of child abuse. At Springside Primary School we demonstrate this commitment through the implementation of a comprehensive Child Safe Program. The program is endorsed by the school governing authority and is periodically reviewed for its effectiveness. We encourage external scrutiny, enabling the identification of opportunities for improvement. We have clear and high expectations of behaviour for all staff, students and our wider community members. Particular attention will be paid to the cultural safety of Aboriginal children and children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, as well as the safety of children with a disability.
At Springside Primary School we maintain a child safe culture that:
- has zero tolerance for any forms of child abuse o is dedicated to acting in all children’s best interests and to keeping them safe from harm at all times
- is committed to providing the necessary resources and training to guarantee compliance with all
relevant child protection laws and regulations
- engages only the most suitable people to work with children to provide high quality staff and volunteer
- actively works to listen to and empower children
- has protocols and policies to protect children from abuse and take all allegations and concerns seriously
- responds to children consistently in line with the school’s policies and procedures
- is committed to promoting the physical, emotional and cultural safety for all children
- is committed to providing a safe environment for all children at all times.
Springside Primary School values are Respect, Optimism, Responsibility and Excellence.
- Respect – We respect ourselves, our school and each another, and understand that our attitudes and behaviours have an impact on the people around us.
- Optimism – We model and demonstrate Optimism by being hopeful and having confidence about the future and our success.
- Responsibility – We show responsibility by demonstrating ownership of our actions and words. Being accountable for our actions.
- Excellence – We strive for excellence, which means trying our hardest and doing our best.