02 Aug UPDATE STAGE 4 – Remote and flexible learning
Dear parents, carers, students and staff
Earlier today, the Victorian Government announced that, on the advice of the Victorian Chief Health Officer, regional and rural Victoria will move to Stage 3 restrictions and metropolitan Melbourne will move to Stage 4 restrictions to slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
These requirements apply to all schools across the government, Catholic and independent sectors and across all metropolitan Melbourne and rural and regional Victoria.
The changes to schools’ operations will come into effect from Wednesday 5 August, following a student free day on Tuesday 4 August, and are likely to apply until the end of Term 3.
As outlined in the Chief Health Officer’s advice on Friday, schools remain safe places for staff and students – but these steps are critical measures to reduce the movement of students and families across the state.
There are implications for our school, and for families in our school community.
A summary of what the changes mean for schools is below.
PREP TO YEAR 10
- Prep to Year 10 students will continue with remote and flexible learning.
- The criteria for students that can attend on-site has changed as follows:
- children whose parents are permitted workers. The Victorian Government will provide further advice about this over the coming days
- vulnerable children in out of home care, children known to child protection and other agencies and children the school identifies as vulnerable
- children with a disability who also fit one of the above two categories.
- Monday 3 August will be a ‘normal’ day of school under current arrangements,
- Tuesday 4 August will be a student-free day across Victoria to enable teachers, especially in rural and regional Victoria, to prepare for flexible and remote learning. At this stage we have had no communication if Camp Australia will be operating on Tuesday to supervise permitted worker’s children. I will continue to communicate once we have been provided with this information.
- Wednesday 5 August will be the first day of new arrangements for schools across Victoria
- Schools will ensure sufficient staff are available for necessary on site supervision.
- Staff not required for on site supervision will work from home.
If your child has been on site this term and will now be transitioning to remote and flexible learning, and requires a loaned device please contact the school tomorrow (Monday 3rd August) between 9.00am – 1.00pm on 9449 6400 to make these arrangements.
If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact the school or you are welcome to email me firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you once again for your ongoing support and patience as we work through these challenging circumstances.